[opencms-dev] OpenCMS Serving Wrong Images Again

Brett Sheeran brett.sheeran at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 09:41:51 CEST 2011

Hi,

OK this is weird.

A couple of days ago, I mentioned we have had a strange issue with OpenCMS
serving up the wrong images.

Today, I saw it with my own eyes for the first time and it was worse than
expected. It wasn't just OpenCMS serving completely different images from
those requested, it appeared that occasionally, CSS wasn't being served.

I flushed the image cache and the problem stopped. I have checked all log
Tomcat & OpenCMS files on both occasions and cannot see anything that might
be related.

I talked to the system users. One user seemed to think it occurred when
doing a page reload and publish at the same time. However, one thing I did
wonder about was this. We had two users editing, publishing and requesting
pages at the same time using the *same* login. Could this be related to our
problem? Anyway, I have since ensured that the users each have their own
account.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Regards