[opencms-dev] Module import: disable automatic restart

Thomas Göttlich guo.tuomi at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 30 17:49:22 CEST 2011

Hi,

I have a question regarding module imports resp. updating OpenCMS modules:

How can I disable automatic restart of the application during imports?

I currently have a problem when updating my OpenCMS installation, since
while some of the core modules are updated the application restarts and thus
crashes update process.

I also have that problem when I update a module which would result in a
delete-insert operation.
During the insert OpenCMS would restart due to the previous delete and thus
the module might onle be partially imported.

I know that the servlet container has to be restarted, but how could I
prevent that from happening automatically?

We're running OpenCMS in a JBoss 4.2.3.GA, in case that matters.
Since that JBoss version has a problem with PermGen space we need to restart
the application anyways, but I'd rather like to trigger that manually.

Thanks in advance.

Thomas