[opencms-dev] UTF-8 encoding not happening for Advanced Properties in OpenCMS V8.0.2

Dawn Louis dawn.louis at ibsplc.com
Tue Oct 4 07:40:10 CEST 2011

Hi ,

Initially we had the cms version 7.5.2. We now upgraded it to 8.0.2. After
the upgrade , we observed an issue when trying to edit and save the contents
of an HTML page containing umlauts(languages other than English). Issue is
in the following fields in the Advanced properties screen.The fields like
Contentheader and Title in the Individual and Shared properties tab have the
issue.
After we did the upgrade, when we take the properties screen for the first
time, the screen shows data correctly. Once we save the data and retrieve it
is shown as junk characters
Eg: à becomes à
Also, chinese characters become junk characters.

Please note that the charset encoding is set to UTF-8, the db connector
encoding is set to UTF-8, the defaultcontentencoding in opencms-system.xml
is UTF-8.
Also, db.pool.default.jdbcUrl.params=?characterEncoding\=UTF-8 is the entry
in opencms.properties.
We find that the data saved in the cms_online_properties table and
cms_offline_properties table is correct as it is saved in UTF-8 format.

The issue we face is similar to the one mentioned in the post given by
http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2011q2/035653.html

Please advise a way forward on this.

Also, I have posted a query on this earlier,
http://lists.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2011q4/036356.html

Thanks & Regards
Dawn Louis