[opencms-dev] Problem ADE drag & drop.Bug?

Christoph Fröhlich cfauto at folge2.de
Sun Oct 23 14:00:14 CEST 2011

Hi Roberto,

sounds to me that your formatter does not check correctly for the existence of the nested date element.

Have a look at the log wether there is a NullPointer showing up, while you are dragging your content.

If so, double check your formatter whether you are checking properly for the existence of the date element before you try to access it.

For example, having a nested content Teaserimage with another nested content Image you would do your check as follows
<c:if test="${value.Teaserimage.exists && value.Teaserimage.value.Image.exists}">

btw, "not empty" does not help here. ${not empty value.Teaserimage} would itself lead to the NullPointer when no nested content Teaserimage exists.

hth
Regards
Christoph