[opencms-dev] User does not have access to the required "Workplace user" role.

Carlos Eduardo Atencio Torres caratos at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 15:56:49 CEST 2011

Hello guys,

I created a user named "natalia.rosa" and when I try to login into my site,
it throws an exception:
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: org.opencms.main.CmsIllegalStateException:
The user "natalia.rosa" does not have access to the required "Workplace
user" role.
Reason: The user "natalia.rosa" does not have access to the required
"Workplace user" role.
Reason: The user "natalia.rosa" does not have access to the required
"Workplace user" role.

I don't want to give natalia.rosa the permission to access Workplace, I want
her only modify things by using the ADE.
So, how to fix it?.

The piece of code where I do the login is:
<%
login.login(
  (String) request.getParameter("name"),
  (String) request.getParameter("password"),
  "Offline",
  (String)request.getParameter("requestedResource")
);
%>
where requestedResource is the index.html

--
Carlos E. A. Torres