[opencms-dev] External Links

patric dosch patric.dosch at virtual-identity.com
Tue Nov 8 12:57:50 CET 2011

Hey Brian,

i think you should use OpenCmsVarLink = http://opencms-wiki.org/OpenCmsVarLink

Regards, Patric

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: opencms-dev-bounces at opencms.org [mailto:opencms-dev-bounces at opencms.org] Im Auftrag von Brian Stanfield
Gesendet: Dienstag, 8. November 2011 11:53
An: The OpenCms mailing list
Betreff: [opencms-dev] External Links

Hello.

Could someone give me a quick explanation on how to use External Links?
I tried using them and researched how to do it, but nothing seems to work as intended.

At the moment, there is a OpenCmsString Element with a LinkGallery Layout in the xsd schema to select the link.
Usage within the site comes in two forms:

1.) A redirect using <c:redirect url="${redirectto}" /> with ${redirectto} being a <cms:link>pathtofile</cms:link> element (doing the cms:link within the redirect url led to some issues so I had to sidestep
that...)
2.) A simple link such as <a href="<cms:link>pathtofile</cms:link>">
(Which brings me to a side question of how I can display the name of the External Link file in a page)

Both methods just send me to something along the lines of /opencms/_external_links/www.opencms.com
or, should I not use the <cms:link> to /_external_links/filename

What am I doing wrong or what am I overlooking?

Thanks:
  - Brian Stanfield

Virtual Identity AG
Gruenwaelderstrasse 10-14
79098 Freiburg
Amtsgericht Freiburg, HRB 6218
Vorstand: Ralf Heller, Udo Möbes
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrates: Kirsten Heller
Umsatzsteuer-ID: DE208002218

Versand am 08.11.2011 12:57 von dosch patric
Validation-Code: 1134310525231