[opencms-dev] OpenCms and MS SQL Server 2005 / 'CONCAT' is not a recognized built-in function name.

patric dosch patric.dosch at virtual-identity.com
Wed Nov 9 12:34:46 CET 2011

Hey List, Hey Alkacon,

I have a problem I do not understand.
We use the MS SQL Server 2005 and this is also installed on the staging
system (Win 2003 Server).

Staging everything works. Yes!

The problem comes when the context menu opens. On the live system, I get
the following error:

09 Nov 2011 11:01:46,618 ERROR [CmsExplorerTypeAccess.java: 227] Error
reading groups of user Admin
org.opencms.db.CmsDbSqlException: Error reading all roles for user
"Admin" over resource "/de/bewerben-bei-smc/".
	[...]
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: 'CONCAT' is not a recognized built-in
function name.
	at
net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.SQLDiagnostic.addDiagnostic(SQLDiagnostic.java
:365)
	at
net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.tdsErrorToken(TdsCore.java:2781)
	at
net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.nextToken(TdsCore.java:2224)
	at
net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.getMoreResults(TdsCore.java:628)
	at
net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsStatement.executeSQLQuery(JtdsStatement.ja
va:418)
	at
net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsPreparedStatement.executeQuery(JtdsPrepare
dStatement.java:693)
	at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeQuery(Delegat
ingPreparedStatement.java:96)
	at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeQuery(Delegat
ingPreparedStatement.java:96)
	at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeQuery(Delegat
ingPreparedStatement.java:96)
	at
org.opencms.db.generic.CmsVfsDriver.getResourceOus(CmsVfsDriver.java:118
5)
	... 54 more

The SQL that is executed:

SELECT DISTINCT
CMS_OFFLINE_RESOURCE_RELATIONS.RELATION_SOURCE_ID,CMS_OFFLINE_RESOURCE_R
ELATIONS.RELATION_SOURCE_PATH,CMS_OFFLINE_RESOURCE_RELATIONS.RELATION_TA
RGET_ID,CMS_OFFLINE_RESOURCE_RELATIONS.RELATION_TARGET_PATH,CMS_OFFLINE_
RESOURCE_RELATIONS.RELATION_TYPE FROM CMS_OFFLINE_RESOURCE_RELATIONS
WHERE CMS_OFFLINE_RESOURCE_RELATIONS.RELATION_TYPE = 8 AND
'/sites/default/de/' LIKE
CONCAT(CMS_OFFLINE_RESOURCE_RELATIONS.RELATION_TARGET_PATH, '%')

When I run this statement in MS SQL manager, I actually get the
described error! But how can it be that this does not happen on the
Staging-System? No trace in the log files.

For some help I would be very grateful!
Regards, Patric

Virtual Identity AG
Gruenwaelderstrasse 10-14
79098 Freiburg
Amtsgericht Freiburg, HRB 6218
Vorstand: Ralf Heller, Udo Mobes
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrates: Kirsten Heller
Umsatzsteuer-ID: DE208002218

Versand am 09.11.2011 12:34 von dosch patric
Validation-Code: 1246713507202