[opencms-dev] war file

Michael Emmerich m.emmerich at alkacon.com
Tue Nov 15 09:31:57 CET 2011

Supriya,

> hello,
>
> when I create the war file from opencms 8.0.1, in that war file no modules are
> present.
> give me solution that what should i do for this.

This sounds as if you are using the wrong build file.

If you have checked out the OpenCms source code, there are two build files:

1) /build.xml
This one build "just" the OpenCms core code without any modules

2) /modules/build.xml
This one gives you a selection about which modules to build. Internally
this one uses the build file from 1)

So you should use the second build file.

Of course you can download the OpenCms distributions from www.opencms.org
The distributions always contain a war file which is build from the
source and which contain all modules.

I would recommend always to use the latest version (which is now 8.0.2)
and no older ones, as they contain the latest fixes.

--
Kind Regards,
Michael.