[opencms-dev] OpenCms 8.0.3 out now!

Paul-Inge Flakstad flakstad at npolar.no
Wed Nov 16 19:35:57 CET 2011

Hi Peter (and list),

Great news - thanks for this update!

In the release notes, regarding backward compatibility, it says:
"OpenCms 8.0.3 is fully backward compatible to all prior 7.x versions. Templates and other OpenCms developed code from version 7.0 or 7.5 should work "out of the box" with version 8.0.3."

Well, as far as I can tell, this is incorrect. The org.opencms.jsp.I_CmsXmlContentContainer#hasMoreContent() method (or, strictly speaking, the org.opencms.jsp.I_CmsResourceContainer#hasMoreContent() method) is still missing. Do you plan to re-introduce this method at any point?

I'm developing on several different versions (all >= 7.0), not all of which can be updated to v8 quite yet, and it's slightly awkward to maintain two versions of the same templates just because this method has disappeared.

Best regards,
Paul