[opencms-dev] Clearing of cache on publish

Tobias Herrmann t.herrmann at alkacon.com
Tue Nov 29 09:06:51 CET 2011

Hi Vince,

the OpenCms cache, especially the flex-cache, caches the processed result of JSPs. It is almost impossible to know, which resources within the system influenced the output of these JSPs. Because of this, the whole cache is always cleared after publishing. There is no way to prevent that.  On
environments where you publish very often this can decrease the performance.
To solve this issue we developed a caching module that will cache the objects within the driver layer of OpenCms and doesn't need to be cleared after publishing. It can also be used to cache resources of the offline projects. So it can improve the performance for your editors as well.
You can purchase this as part of the Alkacon OpenCms Enterprise Extensions Server Enhancement package.

You will find more information here: http://www.alkacon.com/en/products/ocee/server_enhancement_package/index.html

Greetings, Tobias

--

Alkacon Software GmbH - The OpenCms Experts

http://www.alkacon.com  --  http://www.opencms.org