[opencms-dev] Did someone try the " Scheduled Jobs Management"?

Michael Emmerich m.emmerich at alkacon.com
Thu Dec 1 16:12:34 CET 2011

Hello Vince,

> Did someone try the "Scheduled Jobs Management"?
> I am not quite sure about what is the meaning under the "Context info" Area,
>
> 1. Site root
> 2. Requested URI
> 3. Locale
> 4. Encoding
> 5. Remote address

Every request you send to OpenCms is in a context - the file which was
requests, the user, the site and many more.

#The CmsObject, which is the core API object you need to do anything in
OpenCms needs such a request context to make all permission checks etc.

If you start a scheduled job, this one creates a CmsObject so that you
can use the OpenCms API in your scheduled job.
As this CmsObject cannot be initialized with a real request (we do not
have one when the job is started), we must create a dummy request
context. And this one is initialized with those values you just
mentioned above.

In most cases it is not required that you enter anything there, the ones
you mostly use are the User, Project and sometimes the site root.
Everything else can be used if you need this information for a custom
build scheduled job.

--
Kind Regards,
Michael.