[opencms-dev] Using formatters with old style templates

Olli Aro olli_aro at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jan 8 22:15:10 CET 2012

Hi all,

A quick question. Is it possible to use formatters with the old style
OpenCms templates? I have a project that wishes to keep using the old style
editing through the workplace, but would be great to use all the content
types available in OpenCms8.

When I try to include eg.
/system/modules/com.alkacon.opencms.v8.article/formatters/details.jsp I get
"Error while reading element bean from request", which I assume is because
the formatter does not find the container bean. Would it be eg. possible to
populate this bean in my templates on every request before the request hits
the formatter?

Or easier just to write old template compatible details.jsps for all the
content types?

Regards,

Olli