[opencms-dev] confining user permissions to a certain project

Antonio Cordeddu antoniocordeddu at coranto.it
Wed Jan 25 17:10:10 CET 2012

Hi Christoph,

try this:

1) Create a new project for your new site;
2) Create a new OU;
3) Create new group(s);
4) In the project you created at step 1 assign the group(s) created at
step 3 (user and project manager);
5) Create users and assign them to the group;
6) On the site folder set permissions of group 'all others' (e.g.: read
allowed, view denied, publish denied, control denied, write denied,
overwrite inherited allowed, inherit on sub-folder allowed);
7) On the site folder set  permissions for the group created at step 3
(e.g.: read allowed, view allowed, publish allowed, control allowed,
write allowed , overwrite inherited allowed, inherit on sub-folder allowed).

This should work for you

Regards
Antonio Cordeddu

On 24/01/2012 10.43, Christoph P. Kukulies wrote:
> In the past I used OpenCMS throughout for a signle project and I didn't
> care much about user permissions, access rights etc.
>
> Now I would like to allow a user access to the workplace but confine him at the
> same time to his own project and prevent him from having read access to
> my project tree (site)
>
> How can this be acomplished under OpenCMS?
>
> --
> Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kukulies (at) rwth-aachen.de

Coranto informatica di Antonio Cordeddu
Via Torricelli, 9 09047 Selargius (CA)
antoniocordeddu at coranto.it
Skype: antonio.cordeddu