[opencms-dev] Configuring Fckeditor buttons in opencms 8

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Sun Feb 5 17:36:44 CET 2012

Dear All

I am currently updating an opencms 7.5 installation to opencms 8.

We are using xmlpages and want to hide some of the buttons in the HTML editor. In opencms 7.5 it was enough to edit the files in /system/workplace/editors/configuration/. But since the update to opencms 8 this configuration is simply ignored. Is there a different mechanism in opencms 8 to configure which buttons are active? My problem is only with xmlpages; I know that I can change the editor settings directly in the XSD file for normal xml content.

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I searched both the mailing list archives and the opencms-wiki as well as the web in general without finding anything.

I can probably edit /system/workplace/resources/editors/fckeditor/fckconfig.js directly but I was curious whether there is a better way.

Thanks a lot!
Christian