[opencms-dev] vfs mappable in unix?

Christoph P. Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Feb 9 12:50:03 CET 2012

On Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 10:36:32PM +0100, Christian Steinert wrote:
> >An idea came to me - maybe it's already there (in form of webdav) but I'm not
> >sure whether to the extent I would like to have it:
> >
> >I find myself pointing an clicking around when creating new structured websites
> >when using the OpenCMS workplace.
> >
> >Wouldn't it be much easier if one could to all that by some kind of shell
> >scripting, using mv,cp,rm and all the unix tools.
> >
> >There are so many file systems that you can mount in unix. Isn't there
> >a way to mount the OpenCMS-VFS?
> You could try davfs and mount the opencms vfs through webdav.
>
> Install the davfs package and just create a folder /mnt/opencms and add the following to your /etc/fstab
> http://127.0.0.1:8080/webdav/   /mnt/opencms davfs  noauto,user,rw,file_mode=777,dir_mode=777 0  0
>
> After that you should be able to mount the opencms vfs with "mount /mnt/opencms". You may have to be root to do so, though davfs is not really multi-user capable it seems.
>
> good luck!
> Christian

Hi Christian,

thanks for the idea. I tried it out and it seems to work kind of.
I mounted it manually from the command line first. I had to enter User/password.
(how would that be done automatically during boot through fstab?

It looks I'm in /sites/default:

demo_de  demo_en  lost+found  __properties  system

But how do I get to the rest of the VFS directory tree?