[opencms-dev] My OpenCms build and setup experience (fail)

Alexandru icidrop at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 21 15:43:39 CET 2012

I downloaded the latest sources from git and then created a new java project in eclipse. Copy-pasted all the files from opencms-core to my eclipse opencms project. Done a refresh,configured src and lib folders and ant's runtime properites. All went well, except

Problem 1: src/org.opencms/configuration/CmsSetNextRule.java gives this error at line 192: The method pushParams(Object) from the type Digester is not visible
Problem 2:Trying to build a war with /modules/build.xml gives this error: Variable references non-existent resource : ${workspace_loc:/OpenCms/lib/compile/ant-opencms-1.1.jar}. I don't even have ant-opencms-1.1.jar. My jar version is -1.2.jar! And the build file clearly specifies that: <pathelement location="${opencms.input.libs.compile}/ant-opencms-1.2.jar" />.
* So i decided to do a build from the terminal and everything seemed to work. It took 14 min to compile the modules. I then copied the war in the tomcat/webapps dir ant started the server. Problem 3:The installation process went well, but when it reopened the site for me in another window it gave me error 404.

The /system/login page worked fine at least. Bottom line is that my site is still unusable, and the ide integration has failed even though i followed the instructions from here http://opencms-wiki.org/Developing_OpenCms_with_Eclipse