[opencms-dev] Max File Upload Size.

Nick Porter nick.porter at tradar.com
Thu Mar 1 09:17:24 CET 2012

Folks, I've been experiencing a problem uploading huge >2GB files to OpenCMS. I've gone all the way through the config Apache2 -> mod_proxy_ajp -> Tomcat6 and suspected just about everything along the way. After tweaking each config with the respective max file settings I'm beginning to wonder whether OpenCMS is actually able to handle file uploads of this magnitude.

The last error I was able to digout was a 413 from the Apache server;

The requested resource /opencms/system/modules/org.opencms.ade.upload/uploadAction.jsp
Does not allow requests data with POST requests, or the amount of data provided in
The request exceeds the capacity limit.

Can anybody confirm whether OpenCMS can actually handle 2GB+ files being uploaded to the workplace and if it can are there any suggestions of what might be tweaked to allow this.

I've added LimitRequestBody 0 to the Apache config and maxPostSize="12884901888" to the Tomcat connectors.

I've been at this for days and am starting to lose the will to live. ;)

--
Tradar Limited  is a limited company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 3431380.
Registered office: 20-21 Jockey's Fields, London. WC1R 4BW