[opencms-dev] How to convert/use a String field as a Date field?

Jose Ignacio Yarza jiyarza at opensistemas.com
Fri Apr 27 13:45:11 CEST 2012

Hi again,

I would like to code a custom collector from inside my own module, I
have been looking at the opencms code and I would like to check if I am
assuming right the steps. This is the plan (for opencms 7.5.0):

* Write a custom class that extends the A_CmsResourceCollector.java

* Put the custom .class file inside the /classes folder in my module (or
in the /lib if I had a jar file)

* Register that custom class in the <collectors> section in
opncms-vfs.xml

* Then we can use the tag cms:contentload normally, specifiyng one of
the  collector names returned by getCollectorNames() from the custom
class.

Would that be correct?

Cheers!

Jose