[opencms-dev] TinyMCE editor creates absolute links

Georgi Naplatanov gosho at oles.biz
Fri May 4 15:58:33 CEST 2012

Hi Paul.

On 05/04/2012 03:50 PM, Paul-Inge Flakstad wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I’m testing out 8.0.4, and I’ve only used the new TinyMCE editor a few
> times now, but so far it seems more user-friendly than the old
> FCKEditor. Good job!
>
> However, I’ve got some questions, in order of importance:
>
> 1.) How can I keep internal links relative?
> Internal links are made absolute by the editor. (E.g.
> “/folder/file.html” becomes “http://www.site.com/folder/file.html”), and
> having absolute links to internal resources won’t do – the workplace
> domian is not identical to the site domain. As far as I can tell, the
> relevant setting in TinyMCE are “relative_urls” (and possibly also
> “document_base_url”), but I can’t seem to find it anywhere. Help..?
>
> 2.) Can I configure the editor height in the XSD?
>
> This was a useful option when using the FCKEditor, but it doesn’t seem
> to work with TinyMCE out-of-the-box.

It is a bug. Setting height is not implemented in 8.0.4 for TinyMCE xml
content editor.

> 3.) Any pointers on how I would go about adding custom toolbar buttons /
> keyboard shortcuts?

You can add/remove buttons in the same way as for FCKEditor.

Custom shortcuts can be added in file
/system/workplace/resources/components/widgets/tinymce.js, function
addCustomShortcuts(editor) for xml content editor and in
/system/workplace/editors/tinymce/editor.jsp for xml page editor.

> Cheers,
>
> Paul

Best regards
Georgi