[opencms-dev] Upgrading OpenCms 6.2.3 -> OpenCms 8.0.4, confusing readme.txt

Georgi Naplatanov gosho at oles.biz
Mon May 14 14:50:17 CEST 2012

Hi Mathias.

OpenCms 8.x upgrade wizard has to work for 6.x too at least for database
side. If you look at

org.opencms.setup.db.CmsUpdateDBManager#run() method

you'll see that upgrade wizard applies database changes for 6 to 7 and 7
to 8 depends on version of OpenCms being upgraded.

It's for database side and to be honest I've never tried to upgrade
version 6 to 8.x, so if upgrade wizard upgrades modules and jar files
correctly it is not a problem to upgrade your 6.x installation to 8.x.

Best regards
Georgi