[opencms-dev] ERROR [org.opencms.jsp.CmsJspNavBuilder] Error reading resource from path

lruggeri at maticad.it lruggeri at maticad.it
Thu May 17 18:16:33 CEST 2012

Hi,

i see lot of errors like the one in the subject in my log file (OpenCms
8.0.0).

The folder OpenCms can't read has not read permission for Guests.

The strange thing is that in development environment (which is a copy of
production) I don't  have these messages in the log.

I use CmsJspNavBuilder.getSiteNavigation()

Looking at stack trace and OpenCms sources I see the exception is thrown in
CmsJspNavBuilder line 398:

try {

            resources = m_cms.getResourcesInFolder(folder,
CmsResourceFilter.DEFAULT);

      } catch (Exception e) {

            // should never happen

            LOG.error(e.getLocalizedMessage(), e);

}

The comment says it should never happen. do anyone have an explanation?

Thanks, bye

Leo