[opencms-dev] Lucene date range search in individual xmlContent date fields

"Rüdiger Kurz (list)" r.kurz at alkacon.com
Wed May 23 15:15:31 CEST 2012

Hi,

Amusing an XML content schema as follows:

[...]
     <xsd:element name="Date" type="OpenCmsDateTime" minOccurs="0" />
[...]
     <searchsetting element="Date" searchcontent="true"/>
[...]
Then the extraction result (CmsExtractionResult) should contain the
element="Date" from the example above in the Map of extracted items
using the xPath as key and the extracted date as String value.

If we look at the code where the content is extracted we see something like:

String extracted = value.getPlainText(cms);
if (CmsStringUtil.isNotEmptyOrWhitespaceOnly(extracted)) {
     content.append(extracted);
     content.append('\n');
     items.put(xpath, extracted);
} [...]
return new CmsExtractionResult(content, items);

If the return value of value.getPlainText(cms) is null the element's
value is neither stored as plain text content nor as item. So if one
would like to prevent that the element is part of the plain text content
itself we must return null in value.getPlainText(cms).

Currently it is not provided to distinguish between XML content elements
that should be stored as item and/or as part of the full text search
extraction.

-Rüdiger