[opencms-dev] OpenCms IDE-support (maven or other solutions)

Marc Johnen opencms at johnen.biz
Mon May 28 23:34:19 CEST 2012

Hello everyone,

I found four different implementations based on maven to get some kind of
support for eclipse
or netbeans:

http://opencms-maven.comundus.com/home/index.html
http://redmine.synyx.org/projects/maven-opencms-plugin/wiki/Wiki
http://code.google.com/p/octools/
http://bp-cms-commons.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/bp-cms-commons/opencms_commons/

Only the last one seems to be working with the latest version of opencms,
but the documentation
seems to be outdated and I'm not sure what it is capable of.

I used to use the maven build of comundus for earlier version and liked it
for the ability to
deploy a completely preconfigured system including content. Also i read in
the mailing list that
support for 8 is planned, but I need something right now.

Also I like
http://www.redstardevelopment.nl/opencms/opencms/en/opencms/plugin/ very
much
for quick changes of module jsps. Other than that it is still quite limited
in it's functions.

I had a look at
http://www.opencms-wiki.org/wiki/Development_Environment_Setup_Options as
well.

The "alkacon-way" does not seems to be very comfortable to me
(http://www.opencms-wiki.org/wiki/Developing_OpenCms_with_Eclipse#Create_OpenCms_Modules).

So I was wondering what people use to develop (modules) for OpenCms and if I
may be missing some
nice options.

My requirements would be:
- fully configured build path in eclipse, so I can imediately see errors i
made and use auto-completion
as well as beeing able to debug everything including the core of OpenCms
- a complete deployment procedure like with the comundus-plugin would be
nice to have
- synchronizing all resources including content to a local filesystem

All this makes me think wether anyone has thought about or planned to merge
all or some
of the approaches? They seem to be quite similar and obviously everyone
could benefit from
a cooperation.

I'm happy about any contributions.

Greetings