[opencms-dev] How to view an entire module import log?

Mathias Lin mail at mathiaslin.com
Sat Jun 9 11:21:33 CEST 2012

I noticed when importing a module which contains a few more files,
let's say 1000 or 2000, it's impossible to view the entire import log
after the import is done.
The first few thousand lines are already cut off in the end, and only
the last few thousand lines are shown in the iframe log window in the
workplace.
And the log lines are also neither in the opencms.log nor catalina.out
by default. So I wonder, where are they? And how is it possible to
view the entire module import log afterwards, in order to follow up on
any errors during the process, same as you can always review the
publishing log via the publish queue log files?
I suppose the log4j MaxFileSize property or generally log4j is not
related to the module import logs, are they?