[opencms-dev] Compare OpenCms x Joomla

Andy Nguyen nyugena at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 29 16:41:48 CEST 2012

Hi All,
I've been searching for a CMS product to use for my company.  We were ask to evaluate all commercial as well as open source CMS.  I stumbled across OpenCms and try to use it.  And I have been using it for a few weeks now and I must say it is by far the worse product that I ever run across.  Let me lay it out as to why that it is the worse;

1.  The learning curve is by far the steepest and you are hearing from a guy with 16 years in the field.
2.  Documentations are horrible.  There are no functional documentation.  I mean you can't find any documentation that show you
      the how to from building the new site, to project, to publish.
3.  Navigational utilities are not user friendly and hard to understand.
4.  Templates and breadcrumb are not working properly during/after design.  Work around has to be done everytime.

If it takes a guy with 16 years in the field 2 weeks to get the functionality down.  Imagine how long it would take for someone new to the field to learn how to use the product.

Sorry OpenCms.  I am passing on you and moving on to others.   As I have two more months to evaluate these products, will see how other CMS are functions.