[opencms-dev] OpenCMS 8 - Permissions

gnorrus at libero.it gnorrus at libero.it
Thu Jul 5 21:50:00 CEST 2012

Hi
Thanks for your reply

I will try to do that.

However I read the tutorial of OpenCMS where header and footer are created in
that way, but is not explained how to avoid editors modify them.
If I remove view permission, editor can view the header (or footer) anyway?
can he drag & drop to another position?

My header and footer are of default type "header and footer configuration",
and are not part of a group container (my template is similar to the tutorial
template where header & footer are not in group container). so I ask why these
parts are updated automatically in all pages that use that model page and other
resources in the container are not. If header and footer were inside a
groupcontainer they shouldn't be updated automatically when edited in the model
page.

I have other questions:

I know that is possibile to use <cms:contenload> also in OpenCMS 8.

I have a template where in the top part are some links to internal pages. I
want these links to be editable by editors.

So I add an include jsp to my jsp template. In this include I want to read the
content of a resource of type MyLinks (structured content created by me) where
editor can add links to internal resources. I don't have a container for this.
I have only a jsp include (because I don't want anyone cut this resource, and
add another one).

If I use contentload I see all data of the resource but I can't see direct
edit, even if I have <cms:enable-ade> in my template and editable="true" in my
contentload.

I can see direct edit only if I have a container in my jsp template and I drag
& drop that resource in the model page. But in this case the problem is that
editors can also cut that resource from the page (not only editing). This is
the same thing of the header/footer. In this case I have to set permission also
to this resource?

Last question:
I don't understand if I can drag & drop resource inside a group container or I
have to add them manually by editing the group container resource. I tried 100
times  but I can't do that

Thanks for your reply

> Actually you _can_ make the Header and Footer "not editable" for a specific
> users. To do this, you need to remove the "view" permission on the element
> for the users that should not be able to change it in ADE. Then the user can
> not modify this element on the container page.

> Regarding your second question: It seems your header / footer are element
> groups. This means a group of elements shared across pages. If you use a
> model page, all pages created from the model are copies.

> Kind Regards,
> Alex.

Alexander Kandzior