[opencms-dev] R: RE: OpenCMS 8 - Permissions

gnorrus at libero.it gnorrus at libero.it
Sun Jul 8 10:15:48 CEST 2012

Thanks for your reply

So the only solution is  to "hide" that content to user?
I think it' should be useful have also the possibility to set drag & drop
permission. isn't it?

Again about container:
I have a section inside my homepage that should be a "Free text" area. I want
that in this area editor can paste some html. I have to create a container and
put this content inside it?
I ask because I should simply create a free text page and then in my template
jsp use:

<cms:template element="body">
	<cms:include element="body" editable="true"/>
</cms:template>

This is a good solution because in this case I don't need a container and so
user can't cut this area. but the problem is that editor can't see direct edit
icons. Every content i get with <cms:include element="body" editable="true"/>
or <cms:contentload> has no direct edit icons, even if I put editable="true"
and <cms:enable-ade /> in the template.

If I put <cms:editable> instead of <cms:enable-ade /> I can see icons, but I
don't have all the options of ade

Why?

We can use <cms:editable> or we have to use always <cms:enable-ade />?

Last question:
I have to create some "products". I created a structured content. But what I
have to do now to let editors create other content? I don't think I have to
create a single container page for every "product". So I must create one
container and then? I can drag & drop product content inside my page. But this
is only 1 content. Then I have to cut it from that container page and then drag
& drop another one product in the same page?

If yes, I have to create a Configurable list before, where I set the path
where to load products?

The configurable list has 2 tabs:
1 for general settings and one for mapping configurations

I understand the first one, but the second in part. Why I have to set the
mappings of the fields of the content I want to list?

I want to display the list of my products. Can I use the default OpenCMS
Configurable List object or I have to create my own following the default one?
I ask because I don't understand how to give my custom design (html) to the
list of "products", using the opencms default configurable list

thanks for your help