[opencms-dev] Drag and Drop Custom Content Type into Container

Ying Kwan Lam conniesookie at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 04:47:41 CEST 2012

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply first. I listed my detail information below.

The following is my template.jsp file (inside
/system/modules/my.module.poll/templates directory),
        <cms:container name="leftcontainer" type="left" width="230"
maxElements="8"/>
        <cms:container name="centrecontainer" type="centre" width="450"
maxElements="8" detailview="true"/>
        <cms:container name="rightcontainer" type="right" width="320"
maxElements="8"/>

Under the /site/default/flower_en/, there is an index.html whose type is
containerpage.
I edit the property and set the "template" property as
/system/modules/my.module.poll/templates/template

In the /system/modules/my.module.poll/formatters directory, the detail.jsp
is like that:

<%@page buffer="none" session="false" taglibs="c,cms" %>
<cms:formatter var="content" val="value">
</cms:formatter>

In my XSD file, there is the formatters declaration.

<formatters>
    <formatter maxwidth="450"
uri="/system/modules/my.module.poll/formatters/detail.jsp"
searchcontent="true" />
</formatters>

I set the maxwidth="450", then the newly-created content type should be
added to the one of the containers defined in the template.jsp. However,
the content type still cannot be added to the containers.

Actually, I read the wiki "Creating Plug and Play Modules for OpenCms8" (
http://www.opencms-wiki.org/wiki/Creating_Plug_and_Play_Modules_for_OpenCms_8
)
Also, I tried to add an attribute type="*" in the formatter tag. It doesn't
work to add the customized content type into the containers.

Thanks for your kind attention.

Best Regards,
Connie Lam

Best Wishes,