[opencms-dev] Escaping macros

Paul-Inge Flakstad flakstad at npolar.no
Tue Jul 17 12:36:18 CEST 2012

Hi all,

Is it possible to escape macros in OpenCms?

I want to define "Found %(list.count) matches" as the default string value for a structured content element.

But naturally, OpenCms sees the macro %(list.count), and attempts to resolve it. (Whether I define the default value directly inside the XSD or in a workplace.properties file makes no difference.)

So I guess I need to somehow escape %(list.count), to prevent OpenCms from attempting to resolve it as a macro and instead just treat it as regular text. (Alternatively, I can of course use a different macro format, but for consistency I would prefer to use this format.)

Thanks,
Paul