[opencms-dev] Guide to detail pages

Andrew Adams adamsar at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 04:54:10 CEST 2012

Hey all,

I was curious if there was a guide to setting up detail pages on-line.  The
documentation is a bit ambiguous and in all honestly I'm finding some
difficulties grasping the concept within itself.

What I understand so far is that at it's core you have container pages in
OpenCms which has container elements; these are hooked up to templates via
the "template" property. You provide this container elements with data
through the use of the ADE navigator and creating structured xml content,
which is formatted through the page through formatters which are specified
in the content's schema.

What I'm unclear on is when I use an internal link to a specific piece of
content, where this goes to, what's loaded, and the use of detailpages to
provide a specific formatting/template/rendering for all resources of the
same type.

Thanks,
Andy