[opencms-dev] Static Export - .jsp.html

Ying Kwan Lam conniesookie at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 04:59:32 CEST 2012

Hi guys,

I am an OpenCms newbie. I am currently using OpenCms 8.0.4 and Tomcat 6.

I created a index.html and connection.jsp in /site/default/testing
directory.
In index.html, there is an image linked to an internal page, which is
connection.jsp, in the content text.

I modified the opencms-importexprt.xml and added <suffix key=".jsp"/> in
the tag <defaultsuffixes>.
Also, I have added <regex>/site/default/testing/.*</regex> in
<resourcestorender>.

I went to "Administrator" console and then clicked "Start Static Export"
inside the Database Management.

Both files can be exported  However, connection.jsp becomes
connection.jsp.html. (e.g. connection.jsp.html ... o.k., index.html ...
o.k.)

1. Why the jsp file type becomes a html file type? And, how to solve it?
(Actually, I browsed on the Internet but still cannot solve this issue)
2. I have used some "tag" library and jquery in the jsp file.
   After the static export function, will the tag library be replaced the
actual content?
   For example, I used the following code in the connection.jsp. After the
static export, the following code will be replaced by the returned results.
For javascript(e.g. jquery), the codes will still stay in the jsp/html
files after export. Am I right?

    <sql:transaction dataSource="${dataSrc}">
        <sql:query var="test">select 1 from dual</sql:query>
    </sql:transaction>
        <c:forEach var="columnName" items="${test.columnNames}">
            <th><c:out value="${columnName}"/></th>
        </c:forEach>
        <c:forEach var="row" items="${test.rows}">
                <c:forEach var="column" items="${row}">
        </c:forEach>
      </c:forEach>

Thanks for your kind attention.