[opencms-dev] Where is the user preference regarding the file upload mechanism stored?

Mathias Lin mail at mathiaslin.com
Thu Aug 2 03:57:16 CEST 2012

When migrating a site from v7 to v8 and importing users, I found that
the uploader setting in the preferences are not kept (i.e. set to java
applet), but it's set to the GWT uploader for all users.
So I look into the cms_userdata table, but can't find anything where I
could change the setting that defined which uploader the user uses.

In the cms_userdata table, I only see the
'USERPREFERENCES_workplace-generaloptionsuploadapplet' entries, but
it's only a boolean; so how do I set that the user shall use Simple,
Applet or GWT as the upload method?

Thanks.
Mathias