[opencms-dev] Valid default values for OpenCmsVarLink

Paul-Inge Flakstad flakstad at npolar.no
Tue Aug 7 16:31:48 CEST 2012

Hi there,

For a structured content (XML content) resource type I want to set "auto" as the default value for an OpenCmsVarLink element called "Image".

If I do this in my XSD:
<xsd:element name="Image" type="OpenCmsVarLink" default="auto" />

I am unable to edit any files of the particular resource type. Whenever I click "Edit" I get this error:
e-props-correct.2: Invalid value constraint value 'auto' in element 'Image'.

But ... if I remove the default value from the XSD, I can edit the file, enter "auto" as the value *manually*, and save with no errors or warnings. So now OpenCms suddenly sees nothing wrong with "auto" as a value for the field... (And rightly so - it is, after all, a perfectly valid value.)

But why o' why doesn't it accept "auto" as the default value? Also, what are the accepted default values??? (Setting a regular URL as default value produced the same error.)

Best regards,
Paul