[opencms-dev] ADE Galleries not showing up in the list (OpenCms 8.0.4)

Mathias Lin mail at mathiaslin.com
Fri Aug 24 05:29:10 CEST 2012

I developed an OpenCms 8.0.4 site under https://dev.domain.com/ and
it's all working fine.
Then I move/copy the app to be running under http://www.domain.com and
all of a sudden, the ADE Galleries don't show anymore in the overview
(i.e. when I edit a page and want to include an image from a gallery,
clicking the image gallery icon in the editor toolbar):

The gallery overview comes up but stays empty - the one under this url
pattern (sample):

https://dev.domain.com/opencms/opencms/system/modules/org.opencms.ade.galleries/gallery.jsp?dialogmode=editor&types=image&currentelement=&__locale=de&resource=/index.html&integrator=/system/workplace/editors/tinymce/integrator.js

But the permission settings (i.e. opencms-modules.xml) and everything
else is exactly the same. In fact, for testing, even both OpenCms
copies (under dev. and www.) connect to the same database. And still,
while under my dev-subdomain the galleries are displayed, under my
www-subdomain, they're not.

And I don't see any networking or script errors when checking Firebug.
Both OpenCms run under pretty much identical environment, also under
https, exactly same DB connected. So the only difference seems to the
be subdomain. But I don't see that anything of an absolute url is
somewhere configured for the ADE galleries / GWT / etc.

But - what's interesting and what works: if I click on the file icon
of an image gallery in the OpenCms workplace (in my www-OpenCms), and
then select 'open gallery' from the context menu, the images that are
in this gallery are displayed in the Gallery popup under 'Results'.
However, clicking on the 'Galleries' button then in this popup, to see
the overview of all galleries, the list is empty, saying "No galleries
found".

Anybody having an idea?

Thanks, Mathias