[opencms-dev] using directedit from outside the workspace

Riley Pickerl Riley.Pickerl at mnp.ca
Tue Aug 28 22:43:24 CEST 2012

In opencms is it possible to edit content outside of the workspace? If a
user logs in from the online site I want to turn the project to offline
and allow them to use the WYSIWYG editor to change their content (similar
to in offline mode).
To turn the project offline I have (in my jsp login validation check):
CmsRequestContext crq = cms.getRequestContext();
CmsProject project = cms.readProject("Offline");
crq.setCurrentProject(project);
This works fine and the content is supposedly editable. However when I
click on the [Edit] links and the editors start to open the close because
the WYSIWYG (FCKeditor) is still in the online context and you cannot
write from the online context. Has anyone been able to use the editors by
programmatic-ly turning the project to offline mode? Or is there a way to
use the WYSIWYG editors strictly going through a front-end application and
without having to access or use the opencms interface?

Thanks in advance!

Riley Pickerl
TECHNOLOGY CONSULTING

DIRECT 204.924.7520
FAX 204.783.8329
TOLL FREE 1.877.500.0795
2500-201 Portage Ave.
Winnipeg, MB R3B 3K6
Riley.Pickerl at mnp.ca
mnp.ca

This email and any accompanying attachments contain confidential
information intended only for the individual or entity named above. Any
dissemination or action taken in reliance on this email or attachments by
anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you
believe you have received this message in error, please delete it and
contact the sender by return email.