[opencms-dev] Using Apache Web Server(s) load balanced

Gary Gardner gary.c.gardner1959 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 02:50:30 CEST 2012

If I want to have front end web servers and the OpenCMS is running on a
separate backend host altogether, is there an issue when we try to upload
images, video and other content?

For instance, the Web Servers are on machines A, B and C.  The OpenCMS is
on machine D.

There is a DMZ where the Web Servers are and a firewall protecting machine
D.  The Apache Web Servers are serving the OpenCMS content.  I don't want
the approvers and the content people to directly hit machine D.  The go to
www.somehost.com/opencms/opencms and they will then be able to log in and
do their work.

Does OpenCMS have issues with this working this way and will they still be
able to upload the images, etc?

Has anyone done this or is this just standard OPP for the product?

FYI the Web Servers are load balanced.  And with Tomcat is it possible to
load balance OpenCMS?  Obviously, there might be a machine E with Tomcat
with OpenCMS.  Is there an install procedure for multiple instances of
Tomcat and OpenCMS?

Thanks.