[opencms-dev] make required one of two fields

Antonio Cordeddu antoniocordeddu at coranto.it
Mon Sep 3 11:59:17 CEST 2012

Hi Federico,

in this case I used this workaround: create a nested content with the
fields (Internal, External) and then create a structured content that
calls your nested content using a required field, like in this example:

<xsd:complexType name=".....">
<xsd:sequence>
<xsd:element name="YourName" type="OpenCmsNestedContent" minOccurs="1"
maxOccurs="1" />
</xsd:sequence>
</xsd:complexType>

I hope this help you.

Kind regards
Antonio

On 03/09/2012 11.26, federico cacciapuoti wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> I'm using opencms 7
> I have this situations:

> <xsd:complexType name=".....">
> <xsd:sequence>
> <xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="Internal"
> type="OpenCmsVfsFile"/>
> <xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="External" type="...."/>
> </xsd:sequence>
> </xsd:complexType>
>
> I need that al least one of these two fields have to be required but
> not both.
>
> So in the workplace I can't save the changes to an "object" if I don't
> fill at least one of the two fields.
>
> There is in opencms an option to make this?
> I was thinking to do that, using a regular expression, but i don't
> know if I can recover the fields and use them in <validationrules> tag.
>
> Thanks.

Coranto informatica di Antonio Cordeddu
Via Torricelli, 9 09047 Selargius (CA)
antoniocordeddu at coranto.it