[opencms-dev] Building a module directly

Steve Bryan steve.bryan at shinetech.com
Tue Sep 4 01:24:34 CEST 2012

Hi

Is there any documentation or guidance available for building a module
directly from a development environment (eg ANT build)? We currently
importing resources from our dev environment into a running OpenCms then
export the module, which is not as neat.

I assume this would involve something like the following, but more info
would be great, particularly on generating the MANIFEST file:
* Compiling java
* Combining classes with other module resources and combining into a module
folder structure
* Generating a MANIFEST file
* Zipping it all up with a standard name.

The module could then be distributed and imported.

Thanks
Steve