[opencms-dev] Best practice for fixing xmlcontent before publication

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Tue Sep 25 09:15:50 CEST 2012

You can hook into the publishing process by listening for
EVENT_BEFORE_PUBLISH_PROJECT in an event listener.

I use this to validate the content of files before publishing them
(skipping them if they do not validate).
That is different from what you are trying to do in that it does not
alter the content but rather remove resources from the publish list.
At least the part of removing the resource from the list is not
possible unless your work around a protected API (it works though), so
there may be some caveats when it comes to altering the content of the
file at that point.

Brs
Claus

2012/9/18 Cavva79 <davide.cavarretta at gmail.com>:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to develop a "fixing" content action just before publish a
> resource on Opencms 8.0.4. It has to add or change some properties and round
> a one xml date value.
>
> I tried to do it implementing I_CmsModuleAction overriding publishProject
> with no luck.
>
> Any suggestion?
>
> thank you in advance
>
> Davide