[opencms-dev] Script error using ADE sitemap editor (Firefox)

Christoph Fröhlich cfauto at folge2.de
Wed Sep 26 07:08:00 CEST 2012

Hi Tobias,

were you able solve this?

We are facing the same issue after upgrading to 8.0.4
The sitemap editor works fine in Safari. In Firefox we are getting the same script error.

It seems that the error occurs after the page tree is already delivered to the browser.
When inspecting the page with firefox after the script occured we see a large ul/li/div tree full of cryptic GWT ids an classes that represents the structure of our site.

Opposite to what you wrote, we have this problem on all navigation levels. It does not make any difference whether we open the sitemap editor from /index.html or from /a/b/c/d/index.html

Replacing our /.content/.config with a new one did not change anything to that behavior.

I'm able to add /.content/.config files in subtrees and when opening the sitemap editor from within the subtree they work even in firefox.

I'm able to add up to six levels of nested directories to the subtree and the editor still works when it is opened from the subtree (displaying the sub sitemap config). So I don't think it is pure number-of-levels issue.

I would love to hear whether you have more insights or even found a solution / workaround?

Regards
Christoph