[opencms-dev] Update OpenCms 7.0.5 --> 8.5.0: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: CmsSearchIndex

Tobias Herrmann t.herrmann at alkacon.com
Wed Oct 10 12:43:42 CEST 2012

Hi Kai,

the class CmsSearchIndex no longer exists in OpenCms 8.5. It has been replaced by implementations for Lucene and SOLR. Have a look at org.opencms.search.A_CmsSearchIndex, org.opencms.search.CmsLuceneIndex and org.opencms.search.solr.CmsSolrIndex.

We currently discussing if removing that class all together was a bad move. It may reappear in 8.5.1.

Greetings, Tobias

--

Alkacon Software GmbH - The OpenCms Experts

http://www.alkacon.com
http://www.opencms.org