[opencms-dev] Opencms 8 and Oracle

Tim Howland th at wdogsystems.com
Wed Oct 17 22:37:04 CEST 2012

set up your database pool to test on borrow, usually a select 1 from dual
is the test query on oracle.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 17, 2012, at 4:32 PM, Jordi Marti <jmarti at theinit.com> wrote:

 Hi,

I think I have the same issue as described here:

http://old.nabble.com/Re%3A-FW%3A-OpenCMS-JDBC-connection-hangs-Oracle-database-p2221312.html

A firewall between the DMZ and the database "kills" the connections between
opencms and oracle (due to inactivity). I think OpenCMS is not aware of
this, and then, it hangs while trying to retrieve any page. The only way to
make it work is restarting the server.

Does anybody know any mechanism that I can configure to avoid this?

Regards and thanks,

Jordi