[opencms-dev] How to implement a "create new XY" button

Christoph Fröhlich cfauto at folge2.de
Fri Nov 2 07:35:07 CET 2012

Hi all,

we have a contentype "Job" and cms-users who are not working regularily in the cms but create a job from time to time.

They are not familiar with OpenCms or the workplace and we would like to create a really simple interface for them.

We think about a button "Create a new job".  Clicking on the button should open the ADE-editmask for a new instance of contenttype "job".
Depending on how the user closes the editmask – via "save" or "cancel" – the job should be created in the vfs.

I know how to programmatically create a new instance of a contenttype in the workplace but I fail to construct an url, which opens an edit mask for this resource.

Does anyone knows how to achieve this?

regards
Christoph