[opencms-dev] Installing OpenCMS on multiple Tomcat's and using MySQL Cluster

Gary Gardner gary.c.gardner1959 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 19:16:07 CET 2012

I have searched and have seen people mention that they have gotten this
configuration to work.  However, I haven't seen it documented any where.

Can someone point me to where this is documented?

I have installed OpenCMS successfully on one server running Tomcat and it's
connected to the MySQL Cluster and created the database and tables and all
is working great.

Now I need to install it on the other server and Tomcat.  Is it as simple
as deploy the opencms.war file and modify the opencms-system.xml to attach
it to the MySQL Cluster?  If I run set up, won't it try to drop the
database and tables, etc?

I have also seen mention of this OCEE.  Do I need that at all?  I am
basically trying to create an HA/Load balanced solution.  I'm sure that
this is not new to others that are running OpenCMS, but it is totally new
to me.

Thanks in advance.

If there is a particular forum post that is pertinent, please include that
as well.