[opencms-dev] Issue with TemplateTwo module & it's jar on OpenCms 8.0.5

Mathias Lin mail at mathiaslin.com
Wed Nov 7 03:58:59 CET 2012

There's an issue with the TemplateTwo module that I noticed, I think it's a
bug, just to confirm I put it in the mailing list first.

When I import the module org.opencms.frontend.templatetwo_7.0.4.zip to
OpenCms 8.0.4, the /system/handler/handle404.html will be overwritten, as
it's part of the module.

This file holds an import and code line as follows:

<%@ page session="false" isErrorPage="true" contentType="text/html" import="
 org.opencms.jsp.util.*,org.opencms.file.*,org.opencms.main.*,*
org.opencms.frontend.templatetwo.**
"%>

if (template != null && template.equals(*CmsTemplateLayout.VFS_PATH_TEMPLATE
*)) { ....

where the CmsTemplateLayout.VFS_PATH_TEMPLATE is causing a ClassNotFound
exception.

Because there is no org.opencms.frontend.templatetwo.* package available,
as the org.opencms.frontend.templatetwo.jar is for some reason not part of
the module?!

It's so strange. I had to copy the jar over from an older OpenCms 7.0.5
installation and place it to OpenCms 8.0.5.

Also, when I unzip the TemplateTwo module zip, I don't find any lib folder
nor jar file in it. Am I missing something?

What's also strange: I see that there's an export point configured for the
module:
/system/modules/org.opencms.frontend.templatetwo/lib/
but this lib-folder doesn't exist actually.

(I don't think I ever had this issue on any of my previous OpenCms 7.x
installations.)