[opencms-dev] Having fun with detail pages...

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Fri Nov 9 15:13:57 CET 2012

Well, not really...

I am obviously overlooking something in the configuration since the example
in the demo stuff is working.

I have a detail page of type v8news inside a sub-site (such as /da/... ).
The subsite map seems to be required as I otherwise cannot have a news
detail page per locale.

The news articles themselves reside in the /.content/v8news folder (common
for all locales)

I place a v8list element on the detail page and it lists the news articles,
but the links are not rewritten to point to the detail page and instead in
opens the "raw" news article with an error saying "This element can not be
displayed correctly because there is no detail page configured for this
type. Please create a type detail page for this type in the sitemap editor."

Which is what I have done and it is also duely recorded in the
/da/.content/.config file that there is a v8news detail page.

Now since I was kind of surprised* to find that the configuration of the
v8list needed to be repeated for each locale I am wondering if that also
applies to the .config file. The examples I've looked at seems to suggest
that this is always in "en" locale and it certainly did not help to add
configuration for more locales - I still get links to the raw news article

(* I was missing the mapping for the da locale and ended up with a lot of
empty headlines and links in the list output because it was missing the
mapping for that locale)

The documentation I've stumbled upon seems to suggest that I am doing all
that is needed, but still to no avail.

Brs
Claus