[opencms-dev] solr indexing custom field

kaybe kris.brys at redtree.be
Mon Nov 19 13:52:23 CET 2012

I want to index the date field in a news content type. My field is called
'Date' I want to index it as NewsDate.
I added this to the xsd:
<searchsetting element="Date" searchcontent="true">
   <solrfield targetfield="NewsDate" />
</searchsetting>
Inn schema.xml I added:
<field name="NewsDate" type="date" indexed="true" stored="true" />

I restarted tomcat and reindexed the indices. But I can't query on
fq=type:CLnews&fq=NewsDate:[2012-11-09T00:00:00.000Z TO
2012-11-09T23:00:00.000Z].

- Have I forget something or made a mistake at the config above?
- Is there a way to see the index? I tried Luke4.0 but it does not seem to
recognize the index...