[opencms-dev] OpenCms 8.5.0: cache files in ADE modules

Schliemann, Kai K.Schliemann at comundus.com
Wed Nov 21 09:35:27 CET 2012

Hi list,
most ADE modules (e.g. org.opencms.ade.containerpage, org.opencms.ade.contenteditor, org.opencms.ade.editprovider...) hold a lot of cache files in a subfolder "resources".
An example file name is "0326AF455425F6065C00E0361659A798.cache.png".
Those files are exported during module export as well.

Can anybody please explain, what those files are for?
Especially, if they are necessary, when exporting a module.
Actually, I don't want to install a module with a lot of temporary files in a customer environment. So I think about deleting those files before exporting the module.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Best regards

Kai