[opencms-dev] Lucene indexing non OpenCms/VFS resources

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Wed Nov 28 09:43:58 CET 2012

Hi

There are some Solr-integration in 8.5, haven't used it though. If you are
on previous versions you need to do more work.

First you need to hook into the indexing classes (or listen for the publish
event) and then push data to the Solr-server rather than store contents in
the "local" Lucene.
In relation to searching the content, it is easiest just to use the Solr
query api, but you could also create a collector (similar to what is
present in 8.5), but that may not make sense if you need to present data
from a different data source (non-VFS resources).

You of course also need your other data sources to work with Solr, so their
data gets indexed.

Brs
Claus