[opencms-dev] XML Content not showing in Add Content list

Christoph Fröhlich cfauto at folge2.de
Mon Dec 10 07:07:14 CET 2012

Hi Henry,

you need to add a new vfs resource of type "module configuration".
In that resource you have create a new resource type entry.
In the entry, select your custom type, select a folder where to store the new instances and set a naming scheme.

When creating new content type instances with ADE (by dragging them to the frontend containers) you do not specify explicitly anymore where the new vfs resource shall be created and how it shall be named.
Therefore you have to configure it in advance. This is the reason why you need a module configuration

We place our Module Configurations in the root folder of our models and call them ".config". To be honest, I don't know whether this is a requirement, but it works for us, so we do it that way.

an example for a resource type entry looks like this:
------------------------
 <ResourceType>
      <TypeName><![CDATA[f3articleEndUser]]></TypeName>
      <Folder>
        <Name><![CDATA[/article/]]></Name>
      </Folder>
      <NamePattern><![CDATA[f3ae_%(number).html]]></NamePattern>
    </ResourceType>
------------------------

If you specify an folder *name*, it is interpreted relatively to "/.content".
If you specify a folder *path* give an absolute path.

Regards Christoph

Am 06.12.2012 um 10:50 schrieb Hendry <hendry.htc at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
> I'm new to OpenCms 8, have used OpenCms 7 before, and now I'm interested to try the ADE. Basically, I created a module for my XML content like I usually did:
> 1. Create XSD
> 2. Add resourcetype and explorertype in opencms-modules.xml
> 3. Create formatter
> 4. Publish, and restart Tomcat
>
> I can create a new resource from the xml content, so I think my steps are correct. But when I open a page container, I can't see itin Add Content list. Anything that I might've skipped?
>
> - hendry

Christoph Fröhlich
Folge 3 GmbH
Stresemannstraße 161
22769 Hamburg

+49 +40  79 69 48 78
cf at folge3.de
http://www.folge3.de
Geschäftsführer: Christoph Fröhlich, Anja Künzel
Handelsregister: HRB 105806, Amtsgericht Hamburg